Licensing & Permissions
The Eames Office owns worldwide copyright of all images from the Office of Charles and Ray Eames. Information about Licensing & Permissions is below. Please send requests and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Eames Office owns worldwide copyright of all images from the Office of Charles and Ray Eames, including material conserved at the Library of Congress, and unless otherwise noted, all images on this website. If you are seeking licensing or permissions, please submit requests as well as questions that aren’t addressed below to: email@example.com.
For Book Publishing:
We license our images at USD$150 per photo. We also need to receive a credit line and 3 copies of the published item. Please allow for time to research and receive the image. The turnaround time for requests is typically two weeks.
If contacting us for Permissions & Licensing, please include:
- Title of magazine, book, or article
- Size of the photo on the page
- How the images will be used
- Publisher contact name, address, email, phone, and fax
- ISBN number if available
- Print run
- Number of pages
- Retail price
- What territories you are requesting (worldwide, Europe only, North America only, etc)
- Whether or not this is for print only, or if you will need the image for any other media
- Your printing deadline
For Film Screenings:
Please purchase the DVD (if you don’t already have it), and public performance rights (USD$50 per screening per film) from our website by clicking here.
- Company name
- Contact person
- Address, phone, and email
- Title of event
- Whether it is a one-time screening or a series of screenings/events
- Whether it is a paid or a free event
- Time and day
- Location (if different from above)
- Whether or not there will be any printed material in conjunction with the screening/event
- What images there will be if you are having printed materials
- How large on the page
- Exhibition catalog or brochure or invitation
Please keep in mind:
1. The digital Image may not be transferred to or reproduced on any other storage/retrieval/transmission/display system, including but not limited to CD-ROM, DVD, CD-I, whether now known or hereafter devised for sale, rental, public display, or distribution of any kind without the express written permission of the Eames Office, LLC.
2. You, the Licensee, shall not grant a license to print, download, copy, share, modify, or otherwise extract the Image for commercial purposes, and you shall take all necessary measures to impede the commercial exploitation of the Image. No advertising shall represent or suggest that any rights under copyright are licensed to the user of that the Image may be used in violation of such rights.
3. Permission is contingent upon the following: complete attribution of the Image; obligatory copyright credit line affixed to the reproductions on screen and on any computer print outs; integration of copy protection mechanisms; no alteration or manipulation of the Image; and resolution not to exceed 1024×768 pixels and 72dpi definition.
4. Please affix credit to the image: © Eames Office LLC (eamesoffice.com)
5. The grant of permission does not include any clickable icon, interactive, or animated media usages.
If you have additional questions about licensing and permissions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.