Charles Eames church in Helena, Arkansas

Posted August 8, 2014

Below is the 2006 application to have St. Mary’s Church included in the National Register of Historic Places.

Charles Eames was the architect for two churches in Arkansas in the 1930s: St. Mary’s in Helena and St. Mary’s in Paragould.

St Mary’s in Helena was established in 1936 and constructed in the Late Gothic Revival Style.  The church was Charles’s first large commission.  Click here to download and read the application for its inclusion in the National Register of Historic Places.