Miller House and Garden [Video] Posted January 25, 2010 by Daniel Ostroff
The Indianapolis Museum of Art presents their newest treasure, the Miller House of Columbus, IN, in this informative video.
When architects Eero Saarinen and Alexander Girard remarked to Charles + Ray Eames that there was a need for quality, modern outdoor furniture, the Eameses accelerated the design process which led to the introduction of the Eames aluminum group chairs.
Mr. and Mrs. J. Irwin Miller were among the first to buy Eames aluminum group chairs, and the originals they purchased for this house in 1958 are still in great condition.
Ultimately, the Millers acquired more than 100 pieces from Herman Miller, including many Eames designs, such as these blue Eames DKR’s in their kitchen.